|Pair Chicken Piccata with any pasta, potatoes, or "zoodles" for a healthier and even quicker alternative!|
|Freshly picked Meyer, Lisbon, and regular lemons from Kelley and Ilaria's backyard in San Francisco!|
Chicken Piccata isn't a dish you would typically find in many Italian restaurants. My first encounter was at the Cheesecake Factory in San Francisco, a dish whose intense flavors soon grew into a craving the compelled me to try making at home. My adapted version is slightly lighter, however, without the addition of cream to the sauce. For an extra punch, I charred some lemon slices, which not only gives depth to the sauce but also looks gorgeous on the plate. But if you are really strapped for time, you can altogether skip the charred lemons and omit the dredging for the chicken breast. Just don't ever skip pounding the chicken breast though, as this will ensure even cooking and help making this dish ready in a flash. Enjoy!
What you'll need...
|Zoodles make for a quick, healthy alternative|
Salt and pepper
Flour for dredging
1 lemon, cut into thin rounds
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
200 g brown mushrooms, sliced
1 large zucchini*, spiralized
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 heaping tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Fresh chopped parsley
*Note: Alternatively serve with your favorite type of pasta. Just skip the step of cooking the zoodles.
1. Combine lemon slices and sugar in a bowl.
2. Butterfly the chicken breast. With one hand flat on top, slice horizontally into one side of the breast, starting from the thicker end and finishing at the thin point. Open the breast up like a butterfly, and slice into two cutlets. Repeat with the other breast. Place the chicken breast between cling film and pound thin to even thickness with a meat pounder. Season with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
|Haven't got a meat pounder? Make use of anything from rolling pins to pestles!|
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil and one tablespoon of butter. Cook chicken until brown on both sides, remove from pan.
|All in one skillet and ready in a flash, with no wiping or washing in between!|
4. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are lightly browned and all moisture has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini noodles to skillet and saute for a brief minute. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
5. In the same pan, add the sugared lemon slices and let cook, flipping once, until both sides are lightly charred, about one minute. Reserve any liquid the lemon slices give off in the bowl for the next step.
|The aroma of wine, tartness of lemons, and sharpness of capers meld beautifully with the richness of butter|
無骨去皮雞胸 2 件
檸檬 1 隻，切片
砂糖 1 茶匙
牛油 1 加 1 湯匙
菜油 1 茶匙
蒜瓣 2 瓣，剁碎
啡蘑菇 200 克，切片
意大利翠玉瓜* 1 大條
白酒 80 毫升
酸豆 1 湯匙
新鮮檸檬汁 1 湯匙
2. 雞胸肉開邊： 用一隻手按著雞胸，另一隻手持刀打橫切，開邊。蓋上保鮮紙，用肉槌輕拍至平均厚度。用鹽和黑胡椒調味，再沾上麵粉備用。
3. 燒熱易潔平底鍋，下 1 湯匙牛油和 1 茶匙油，中火將雞胸每邊煎約兩分鐘至金黃色，盛起備用。
4. 原鍋下蒜蓉和蘑菇，炒至收水，約 4 分鐘。加入翠玉瓜絲帶，迅速炒 1 分鐘, 調味，盛起備用。
5. 原鍋下檸檬片，煮至兩邊呈金黃色，約共 1 分鐘。盛起備用。保留碗子裡面的檸檬糖水。
6. 原鍋下白酒、酸豆、新鮮檸檬汁以及保留了的檸檬糖水、和其餘 1 湯匙牛油。（喜歡比較濃稠的汁的話可以打獻）雞胸回鍋，將兩邊沾上醬汁後連同蘑菇、翠玉瓜意粉和檸檬片上碟，淋上醬汁再撒上蕃荽碎即成！
[Follow me on Instagram @alvinckl and @alvin.penthousekitchen and check out my Facebook Fan Page!]